Saturday, August 30, 2008

The Crypt-Adventure

So, hopefully I'll be running a game of Labyrinth Lord soon, which is exciting. Old-school D&D is nostalgic to me, having played it in my youth before I understood all of this AD&D vs OD&D thing, and way before 3rd edition was a twinkle in anybody's eye. I'm talking BECMI edition, baby.

Anyways, the way I've decided to share my joy is through building an adventure when, once I see how it goes over in actual play, I hope to publish online, along with the campaign guide. Obviously, I hope for the campaign guide to grow as the players and I make things up, but once it gets nailed down into a pseudo-concrete style, it should be published on Dragonsfoot.

Anyways, the most old-school adventure location is, I think, the tomb or crypt. So, the first location my players will be going will be the crypt. I'm in the unusual position of being able to choose exactly what they're going to do, because this will be their first foray back into old-school territory, and they'll be tentative and unsure of what's going to happen. Anyways, the crypt.

It's going to be a pseudo-egyptian one, with zombie guards, deadly insects, traps, and lots and lots of swag. It'll mostly be in the form of tapestries, statues, and other untakeable things, but I hope the players manage to surprise me and lay claim to all sorts of cool stuff and not just the coins and gems and magical shit.

Anyways, I'll post my finished module both here and on Enworld and Dragonsfoot, because I'm of the opinion that you can't give yourself enough free publicity, especially for something as near and dear to my heart as Labyrinth Lord.

No comments: